





Hi All,
So how is it going? Are you starting to feel different? Less hungry? Fewer cravings? Sorry, I haven't posted in the last couple of days, I was staying at my parents house and they happen to not be in the 21st century in regards to internet access. I have decided to rearrange my paleo diet to include dairy before and after workouts. I have a weight-class to stay in (63k) and some huge goals this year, no desire to see my abs or get super lean and as Ripp would say, "Milk is quite literally better than steroids for a novice lifter to grow on, and no supplement produces the same effect."
I am finally posting pictures of some of the things I have been eating the past week and of course my food menu for next week ( half filled out because a certain somebody needs to be difficult!) I think a food menu really helps that way you don't have to spend hours on end at your desk wondering what to make for dinner when you could be doing something more productive ( like looking at crossfit videos). Another idea is to do all the basic prep for the week on Sunday. Chop, dice, whatever the veggies that you'll need for your meals/snacks and bag them or put them in tupperware.
Here are a couple of links:
A great post on Hunger (Cause I know your probably still hungry!) http://freetheanimal.com/2009/01/hunger.html
Make your own (paleo-friendly)
Mayo: http://www.barbellsandbacon.com/archives/835
Mustard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7M1Lk2a7hI
Ketchup: http://crossfitdowntownwinston.com/2009/06/12/paleo-ketchup-and-mayo/
What happens when you carb binge: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-happens-to-your-body-when-you-carb-binge/
I also enjoyed this article by Michael Pollan...
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/08/michael-pollan-offers-64-ways-to-eat-food/
Here is an excellent paleo cookbook: http://paleorainycookbook.blogspot.com/
And because all this nutrition business is no good if your not sleeping good! http://whole9life.com/2009/08/the-serious-business-of-sleep/
No comments:
Post a Comment